Thursday, December 17, 2009

December So Far...

December has been a great month! Very busy! Here are a few highlights:



1. My best friend from college is pregnant with her 2nd baby! I'm very excited for her and her family. They are wonderful and I wish we lived closer to them.



2. I got the opportunity to go to the Dallas Children's Parade again this year with my good friend Stacy and her family. We had a great time! The parade was COOOOLD but Stacy's little boy Joshua had so much fun.












3. Our Sunday School teacher has season tickets to the Mavericks and he offerred us his tickets for Saturday night. We had an awesome time! We're so used to football and baseball games, and we were lucky to have the opportunity to go to a basketball game. The Mavs won in overtime and it was Seats for Soldiers Night. This means that the front row season ticket holders (including Mark Cuban) gave up their seats for one night for newly returned and/or wounded soliders home from Iraq. It was a great thing to see. The Mavs really treated them like royalty (as they should be treated!).



4. Our Sunday School class Christmas party was a blast! Not only did we score a Snuggie and a Starbucks gift card at the White Elephant exchange, but we had some great food and got to spend time with our friends children-free. We also played a fun game where we had to dress the boys up like reindeer.

5. School is out for Dustin and I have only one day left! I have a great class this year and they're making things very easy for me, but I'm still SO ready for Winter Break! Two whole weeks off...ahhhh. Dustin had great grades this semester and he's ready to student teach in the spring! He'll be at Martin High for about 6 weeks and then at Miller Elementary for the rest of the semester. He's very excited to learn and get started on his career as a teacher and coach. Please pray that he has a great student teaching experience and can find a good job after he graduates in May! I know that God will provide for us.

6. We have a fun week coming up with Christmas, Great Wolf Lodge, and Ice! at the Gaylord Texan. We're going to be busy but a good busy. I will fill you in later!



No comments: