Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gorgeous Galveston

Dustin and I took a trip to kick off our summer. Every year since we've been married, we have gone to Houston to visit my best friend from college, Stacy, and her husband Michael and her daughter Cadence (and the new one on the way, Piper!). We then go on to Galveston and stay there for a few days.

We usually take this trip at the end of the summer right before school starts again, but this year we went early just in case Piper decided to show up early! We had an awesome time!

Visiting the Coughlins was a great time. It makes me wish we lived closer to them! They just moved into a new house and it was SO cute! Stacy did a great job decorating it. I love her daughter and I miss her and Michael so much! Stacy is a great friend and I love talking to her. Even though I got to see her for less than 24 hours, it felt like we saw each other all the time. Stacy is a great cook, mother, and wife, and I enjoy discussing life with her.

Stacy, Cadence, and Me
From Stacy's house we went on to Galveston. It was hurricane season, so the waves and wind and sand were WILD! We played in the water a lot. We also ate a lot of seafood! We went on a paddleboat tour of the bay, went to the rainforest at Moody Gardens, and toured Moody Mansion. The best part was eating at all of our favorite seafood places (and discovering some new ones!)

The Colonel

At the rainforest



The rainforest pyramid

On another note, thanks for all of your prayers for Dustin's job situation. He's taking his science composite test on Monday at 1. Please pray for him! He's been studying so hard. No word on a job yet, but we have a few leads and hopefully it will all work out for him and be what God wants for our family.



No comments: