Friday, March 08, 2013

March Madness

Spring is in full bloom around our house!  We finally made it to Spring Break!  Here are some things going on with us right now:
*Dustin's freshman basketball team won the district title!  Yeah!  Go Raiders!  He did such a good job coaching this year.  Even when he was really overwhelmed and it felt like we never saw him, he was so positive and cared so much about his players.
*Taylor can count to ten and spell her name all by herself.  I'm one proud Mama!
*I won Teacher of the Year at my school!  My awesome fellow staff members voted for me and chose me to represent our school as the TOY.  It's such an honor to be chosen by the people I work with for something like this.  My hard work paid off!
*I found out this week that I'm moving to first grade next year (I teach 2nd now).  I am SO excited!  I can't wait to work with the other people on my team (I say people because there is *gasp* a MAN on our team!  And he's in the military!  YEAH!).  I can't wait to experience this challenge that the Lord has brought into my life.  It's a true God send because of what I'm working on in grad school right now.
*Speaking of, grad school is still in full swing.  I'm working hard in a Multicultural Children's Lit class right now that is about to swallow me whole.  Pray for me...there has to be a light at the end of this tunnel.
*I'm thankful for a supportive husband and parents who watch Taylor for me when I need to work on homework or projects.  I definitely couldn't have gotten this far in grad school without them!
*Tomorrow begins our Spring Break!  We are headed to Lubbock and I can't wait!  Taco Villa, here we come!

Love these two!
Yep...cutest kid ever!

No comments: