Monday, August 11, 2008

Ode to the Olympics


The 2008 Olympics
I have so enjoyed watching the Olympics, and it's only been on for 3 days! It's so funny to think that you can measure your life by the Olympics. The Olympics previously to this, Dustin and I were dating, almost engaged. I was still in college and was living on my own. The Olympics before that, I was about to start my senior year, dating one of my friends who was awesome (and who has a great wife now!), and was living with my grandparents because my dad had just taken a new job in Arlington. Funny how much life has changed in just those few years.
Last night after Dustin and I finished jumping up and down and screaming for Michael Phelps and the other male swimmers to win their relay race, we started talking about how much life had changed. I asked him "What do you think we'll be doing during the next Olympics?" He said, "We'll probably have a kid, and I'll be a football coach." AMAZING!
Just a special note about my own personal love of certain Olympic sports: although Dustin goes for the beach volleyball and the basketball, I go for the diving and gymnastics. We share a love of swimming and rooting for Michael Phelps (how can you not LOVE that guy?). I love watching gymnastics because it's so unpredictable. I'm more into girls gymnastics than the boys, so I will definitely be rooting for the girls this week! They're going to do a GREAT job!
As of now, Michael Phelps has just won his 9th gold medal. The dude is AWESOME. I love that he passes his flowers to his sisters and always looks up in the stands for his family. He smiles at his mom like every race he wins is his first. I better stop blogging now because I'm starting to ramble. I think the Olympics has that effect on me. Night!

No comments: