Saturday, September 19, 2009

Football Season Is Here

So it's been a while since our last post. Life's been busy! I know all of you can say the same. School has started for both of us and I'm still dealing with not having MeMaw around anymore. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us about that!

This weekend I went on a women's retreat with our church. It was awesome! I stayed with my mom and my friend and her mom. We had a great time! I loved the deep lessons that we were taught by Beth Moore and Kay Arthur about David. He had an amazing life; one that was not without it's downfalls. But God blessed David unbelievably, even though he messed up. My favorite thing that I learned this weekend is that from the time that David was "chosen" by God when he was a young shepherd to when he finally became king was 22 YEARS! That's amazing. David did so much throughout his life, but what do you think he was thinking during those 22 years? Why did God pick me? When will things start to happen for me? I think those things a lot. Hopefully I can be patient like David and know that God has SO MUCH in store for me and Dustin. I can wait to have kids. I can wait to have a house. I can wait to do something else as my career. If David can do it, so can I.

Anyway, my post is titled "Football Season" for a reason! Dustin is in "football mode" full force! Currently he's watching Tech play UT and yelling at the tv! I'm glad he's not talking to me because I don't know what he's talking about!!! Haha. If only my dad or his brother were here to interact with him. Too bad it's just me and the cat.

Next Saturday is Dustin's birthday! I'll write to tell you all about the cool stuff we do.

In the words of the rap my students learned this week in the library...PEACE OUT.

No comments: