Sunday, July 25, 2010

Good Reading

This summer I've been filling my time by reading.  I've read some mystery, some scary, some happy, some romantic, and some just flat-out FUNNY.  The best author I've read in a long time is Jen Lancaster.  She and I could possibly be the same person, just separated by a few years.  She is a sarcastic, big, white girl who loves trashy reality tv and loves her pets (sound familiar...?). 

Her books (My Fair Lazy, Pretty in Plaid, Bright Lights/Big Ass) are some of the best and funniest books I've read in a long time.  They're nonfiction (which is a newer genre for me) and they're also memoirs.  Her husband is so deadpan and he puts up with all of her crazy stuff and ideas (again, sound familiar...?). 

If you're looking for some easy, quick, and FUNNY summer reading, pick up a Jen Lancaster book.  I also put a link to her blog (Jennsylvania) on my blog. 

No comments: