August went by so fast that I didn't even have time to post anything! We have been busy during this month because it is BACK TO SCHOOL TIME at the Scarbrough house! That means Daddy is back at football practice and games and Mommy is working all the time to get ready for her new second grade kiddos! We did have a few fun moments before we really go back to work:
Watching Daddy and Pops' last softball game
Playing at the Ft Worth Children's Museum with Mimi and Papa
At the aquarium with Brooklyn
Then finally, it was that time...the time that all teachers dread...the first day of school! It went well for both of us, but MAN were we tired! So thankful for my parents who have been watching Taylor for extra-long days (and so glad I don't get over charged by the minute! Lol!). It's so much work at the beginning of school, but I just have to keep reminding myself (and Dustin) that the more work we put in now makes for a much better year in the long run. My class this year is a special challenge, but I know that they are my babies for a reason!
Taylor and Mommy on the first day of school sporting our PINK!
Dustin is teaching biology this year, which is new for him. He is enjoying it so far, and he likes the 9th graders. He is also the head 8th grade football coach, which is also new to him! I'm so proud of him and what he has accomplished in the last three years. I love being a coach's wife, even though it means he isn't home very much during football season. Taylor and I understand that Daddy is doing his job and that he loves it (just not as much as he loves us!).
On a fun note, I got a student teacher this year! I'm so excited. She's already helped me so much! It's nice to have an extra set of hands in my classroom to help with my babies this year (as I said earlier, they are special!). Grad school is going well...just really busy! But I am trying to keep the end in mind and put first things first and remember that I am working late nights and studying hard so that I can further my career for myself and my family!
Last thing....are you ready for some football?!?!?!
WE ARE!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment