So we're in Waco this weekend for a little mini getaway with the family. Dustin had to scout for football, so Taylor and I came with him. We went to the zoo this morning and are staying in a nice hotel with an indoor pool (pictures to come). I HAD to share this story before it left my head...although I'm sure we will be laughing about for years to come!
First of all, our family has been passing around this fun little virus this week. Taylor's thrown up and had an upset stomach, so has my mom...and of course today, so have I. On the way to Waco, Taylor throws up in the car (normal...she and I both get car sick). Got that all cleaned up and went on to the zoo. We also had lunch at Fazolis (YUM). We dropped Dustin off at the stadium and then Taylor and I headed to Target to kill some time until we could check into the hotel.
At Target, I start to feel not so bueno. She and I go to the bathroom so I can use the toilet. We leave and by the time we head to the baby section, Taylor has also pooped. Awesome. So we head to the baby aisle (did I mention we were out of wipes?) to grab some wipes and head back to the bathroom for a second time. I asked a nice little Target man to watch our cart for us. I changed Taylor...and OF COURSE as I'm changing her, she starts to poop even more (remember: upset tummy due to virus= YUCK). So I wait for her to *ahem* "finish" and I clean her up (holding my nose at this point). I get her all redressed and we head back out to shop. As we get to the baby section AGAIN, Taylor looks right at me as if to say "Sorry about this" and poops. Again.
So we head back to the bathroom for the THIRD time. I ask the same nice little Target man to watch my cart. He looked at me a little strangely but said sure. As I'm changing Taylor this time, she pees. Everywhere. On everything. Of course. So I put our last diaper (which is now soaking wet) on her, pull her pants up to her knee (because this is her second and only outfit since she barfed on the first one in the car) and go back out of the bathroom. I put her in the cart with her pants down and run over to the diaper aisle. I then pull a PWT move: I change her. In the middle of the floor. At Target. Yep.
So now everyone is dry, we have a package of new diapers and wipes in the cart, and we finish our shopping. And when we check out, OF COURSE it's the same little Target guy who watched my cart. He laughed at us and told us he hoped our day got better.
Well we are eating dinner at Rosa's, so yes, Mr. Target Man, our day will be AWESOME. :o)
Moral of the story: When your kids poop and pee on you, laugh and move on with your day. It will happen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment