Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Season

So I didn't do a very good job posting during November because I totally missed Thanksgiving!  It was awesome....lots of food, family, and fun.  My dad and Dustin completely redid our garage ceiling and some walls and now it looks brand new!  Dustin hung up all of the Christmas lights and now the house looks awesome.  
So proud of his decorating skills. 
 Leaves!  Although it doesn't look like it now, over the next week EVERY TREE we have (which is about 10) decided to drop their leaves.  Needless to say, I called a lawn service to come pick them all up.  Best Christmas present I've ever given, according to Dustin.
 Playing golf with Pops on Thanksgiving Day.
 Elf pjs!
Kissy face!
Eating at Steak and Shake with Mimi!

December has been super busy and full of SICKNESS.  We ended November with a stomach bug (everyone in the house) and now we all have colds/allergies/ear infection.  YUCK.  I'm ready for us all to be well again.  At least we're all sick NOW before it's Christmas. 

Two weekends ago (pre-ear infection) we went to a Mommy and Me Christmas party.  We had so much fun!  Taylor got to play with her friends and make some Christmas crafts.  She was so funny listening to the Christmas story because she kept saying "Yeah!" like she was really into it.  

Coloring with friends
Making a gingerbread man
With her best friend, Lyn...so cute.  Lyn came up during the story and put her arm around Taylor.  They're only a few months apart and will *hopefully* be friends for a VERY LONG TIME!  

This weekend we had my cousins over for a little cousin Christmas par-tay.  It was awesome (even if our lame cousins who are in college decided to sleep in instead of come be with family...).  We had good appetizers and we did a fun gift exchange.  Taylor got some great Minnie Mouse things and an amazing hat handmade by her Aunt Fran!  (by the way, this has totally inspired me to pick up knitting.  I'm going to start as soon as I'm done with grad school...or maybe this summer if I have time).  I think the Cousin Christmas should be an every year shindig!  

Modeling her new Minnie Mouse robe.  

Next weekend brings more family get togethers, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, a trip to the Gaylord ICE, and basketball games for Daddy.  We are busy, but are so thankful for the great, loving family that we have.  

On a side note, the events of yesterday have greatly saddened our family as they have everyone in the country.  As we are both educators AND parents, we can't imagine what that would be like to be in either position, and I hope and pray we never have to find out.  I must admit that I let Taylor have just a little bit longer bed time routine last night just so I could hold her and we could pray for those families that lost their babies during that senseless tragedy.  

No comments: