Monday, August 17, 2009

Vacation & Back to Work

Dustin and I went to Houston and Galveston last week. It was great! Tuesday we drove to Houston and stayed with my BFF from college, Stacy, and her husband Michael and adorable daughter, Cadence. We had a blast! I just love the Coughlins and wish we lived closer to them! Stacy and I had fun talking "teacher stuff" and shopping at Target. Dustin had fun with Michael and played with Cadence. Here are some pics:







Wednesday, Dustin and I drove to Galveston. We had so much fun at the beach! We also went to the aquarium and Bishop's Palace, and ate a lot of seafood. It was so nice to get away for a few days.


When we drove back on Friday, we saw Caz McCaslin speak at the Upward Training conference. Saturday we went to the Rangers/Red Sox game. We've been going nonstop! Today was my first day back at school. I enjoyed the video scavenger hunt that our staff participated in. I laughed a lot...it's fun to be silly with the other teachers!

I feel like God has BIG plans for me and my team this school year, so I can't wait! I'm sad to start school and not be able to be at home with Dustin as much, but I know that my students need me. However today I just can't seem to get it into gear! I feel very discombobulated (I love that word!). Hopefully tomorrow I'll get myself together.

No comments: