Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Week of Celebrations

This week was SO fun!  We started off by getting a new mattress...I seriously don't know WHAT we've been sleeping on for the past few years, but I'm pretty sure we just bought a piece of Heaven.  I haven't slept that well in a long time!
We got to celebrate Taylor's first Valentine's Day!  She had a little bit of a cold this week, but she is feeling much better now!  I remember growing up how my parents would give me little stuffed animals and things on Valentine's Day (even when I was in college!), so I wanted to start that tradition with Tay Tay.  We got her a little monkey that says "I love you" when you push it.  She LOVES it.  She has taken it everywhere with her this week.

 
And of course she had to wear ALL pink on V Day!  We also got to celebrate the end of another basketball season.  Dustin coaches 9th grade and they had their last games on Friday.  I took a cake up to school for the kids so they could celebrate their awesome season.  They were very appreciative and we had a lot of fun!  9th graders are a LOT different than my little 2nd graders. :o)

On Saturday we went with my parents to celebrate my dad's 684 month birthday (I'll let you do the math on that one...) and Taylor's 10 month birthday!  We went up to Frisco to eat at Blue Mesa and shop at Ikea.  On the way Taylor decided to throw up all over herself and the car seat, so needless to say her outfit she ended up in was NOT the one mommy had planned for her to wear!  But we had a fun time anyway!  Blue Mesa was YUMMY and Ikea had some great deals (as always!).






Taylor at 10 months: As you can tell from the above pictures, Taylor LOVES eating and tearing up paper.  When we go to a restaurant now, we ask for a kid's menu (even though she's not eating that kind of solid food much yet) because the menu keeps her busy for a long time!  She is so funny.  The words she can say right now are: baby, mama, dada, mommy, monkey, Mimi, Tay Tay, and my parents think they heard her say "hot dog" (from Mickey Mouse Club House).  She is pulling up on EVERYTHING (today at Target she pulled up and stood in the cart as we were moving!).  She can stand holding on with just one hand and is starting to be brave enough to let go.  She likes to take her monkey with her everywhere and needs to have an adult that she loves in her sight at all times.  She is beginning to have stranger anxiety but is still friendly as long as she is on mommy, daddy, or Pops!  She can cruise along pretty well as long as there is something to hold on to, and we think she will walk soon.  She likes to play by herself but have someone near her, and she loves playing with her friends from church.  She has four teeth and likes to bite!  She likes to pull hair and LOVES when you say "ouch!"  It makes her giggle.  She has several tickle spots (under her arms and on her thighs) and sometimes on the bottom of her feet.  We can't believe she's already almost a year old!  We love you, Taylor Lynn!

No comments: